Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I give up counting

Ellie now has enough words that I have lost track of how many she can say. She's always saying new words that amaze me.

This morning she pointed to her white shirt and said "wet" and pointed to the blue shirt and said "bue". I know she knows her colors, which is fantastic, though whenever you ask her "what color is this?" her answer is always the default "ellow".

Similarly, the default number is "twoo".

But like I said, she's always saying new words that just surprise me. She's so big now. She's is like a little person now. You may make the argument that she's always been a little person, but it's even more so now because she seems to have no problem communicating her thoughts and wants. I swear the changes she has had in the last month have aged her more than any previous month.

Next month, we're off to kindergarten!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Because G was in EI I had to keep a running list of words and his (mis)pronunciations. It's one of the things I really cherish now. Jason and I have both been surprised how many of them we would have forgotten. He really only had two left at the start of K: summabuddy and aminal. Sigh.

Niffer said...

What is EI?

I'm looking forward to the mispronunciations. I think they're adorable. I just keep hoping I'll be able to know how to phonetically spell them out like you have.

Aminal is a common one, I'm sure. Summabuddy is adorable.