Pages

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Passing along the credit

MJH wrote an incredibly sweet comment that I just had to share with you:

"Niffer is quickly becoming one of my favorite bloggers. I read whatever she posts almost as soon as she posts it. Because her blog captures the story of how she sees her daughter. It's really quite beautiful. It's WAAAY better than my blog. I wonder if my children ever read my blog if they'd recognize me."

Seriously, I'm touched. However, I do not think I can take all the credit for being as great as I am. LOL. I totally stole the idea of this blog from Little Bits O' Cracker. She has had her blog for quite some time now (her son is 5) and I absolutely love it. Long before I was expecting, I knew that I wanted to start a blog as soon as I found out I was pregnant. I loved how she would tell stories about her son. She has a way of describing the world from his perspective that makes your heart melt. I love it when she has a cute story about something he says, and she is able to type it out phonetically and thus it completely portrays how Cracker sounded. I still look forward to the day when Ellie starts speaking so that I can capture similar stories to those of the super-cute Cracker.

As a small side-note, I also absolutely love her husband's blog, Squares Cubed. He has an amazing ability to tell a great hilarious story with only using a minimal amount of words. Neither of them write as often as I'd like, but I do enjoy it when they do.

4 comments:

mjh said...

You're welcome. But not having read LBoC (yet) I can only say this: what I like about your blog is not the idea to blog about your children. Rather the way that you execute it. You have captured your view of your daughter. That's something that you can't have copied from someone else.

Or maybe you didn't. I have absolutely no idea what you or your daughter are *actually* like. I just know that the picture you present here is very enjoyable. And I want to emulate it on my blog.

Heidi said...

Me = speechless. (Imagine that!) Thanks! =)

Niffer said...

MJH - I look forward to reading the new and improved blog!

Niffer said...

Heidi - You're welcome!