Pages

Friday, November 07, 2008

Feeling old

We were at a concert for Grandma's choir last week, where they provided hoola hoops to play with during intermission. Ellie got a hold of one that was easily twice her height and had a blast with it. Of course, there came the time when she asked Mommy to show her how to really use the hoop.

Let me tell you, I'm older than I thought I was because I apparently do not know how to hoola hoop. Daddy tried and hurt his back. Uncle David tried and did fairly well, though any outside observer could testify that no one should have to move like that in order to keep the hoop up.

So there was only one conclusion that we could come to. Hoola hoops are for children. Us grown-ups just can't do it right.

Then grandma picked up the hoop and proved us wrong. Ellie loved it.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Proud to say that I can still totally hoola hoop...I just look like a complete jacka** doing it. NOT PRETTY LOL.

Anonymous said...

Stupid rabbit! Tricks R 4 kids!

Niffer said...

That's the way it was with Uncle David. He could do it, but it wasn't a pretty sight.

I'm impressed that you can still hoola hoop! That will come in handy when your children expect you to join in on the fun. I'm thinking I have a year or so to practice in the privacy of my bedroom. lol.

Niffer said...

Mmm... Tricks.