Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Big Sister Quote of the Day XI

Last week I mistakenly thought that I could bring Addie into daycare when I went to pick Ellie up, AND still get out quickly. Once the baby was in her room, though, she was way too excited to show her off.

Michael: Oh, Baby!
Ellie: Das my baby, Michael! You wanna see?
Michael: Yeah.
Ellie: Ky-ky, you wanna see my baby?
Kylie: Yeah!
Ellie: Zo-ee, see, my baby? She's got little tiny fingers.
Zoe: Baby! Wow!
Ellie: Is my baby sister. See?
Kylie: Oh!
Ellie: His name is Add-a-line. You wanna tickle her, Michael?
Michael: Yeah!
Ellie: Tickle tickle. You wanna hold her, Ky-ky?
Kylie: Yeah!
Teacher: Uh... Let's let Ellie and her Mommy leave.
Ellie: See? Is my baby. Is my baby sister!

2 comments:

Salina said...

I keep forgetting to ask, but I think this post cleared it up for me. Is Addie's name pronounced:

Add - uh - lynn
or
Add - uh - line

Both are beautiful, but I want to say it right in my head!

Niffer said...

It's the second. Add-uh-line. Honestly it never occurred to me that it might be pronounced differently because I would spell the other Adelynn. It goes to show that you always have surprises no matter what name you end up picking!