Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tid-Bits V

I love the "Life is good, I'll pass out now" smiles that newborns get as they're falling asleep.

We will never have a stuffed elephant named Ellie. I'm told that's the default name for elephant friends, but ours will be named Eddie. In my daughter's world, there are Eddie-phants, not Ellie-phants.

I never thought I had a decent singing voice but when I became a mother I was forced to sing various nursery rhymes. Now, however, whenever I try to sing along to a song Ellie says "NO! Top dat! Only Daddy sing!" I think she only tolerates my singing during bedtime because it extends the time I stay with her.

I love how when Addie has a failed sneeze, instead of "ah-choo" she ends up making a "ah-coo" sound, similar to the coo of a dove.

I love how Ellie can turn anything random item into a princess costume. Usually it's a ballerina princess, in case you're wondering.
But sometimes it's Sleeping Booty.

I love how much Ellie loves her baby sister. Even if she occasionally has a hard time with how much time Mommy needs to spend with Addie, she has always adored her new baby.

I love how Ellie understands that a hot bath seems to have healing powers. In the book "Hop on Pop" the Dad is sad because he had a bad day. I said "that's too bad" to which Ellie sincerely suggested "Maybe he take warm baf and make him feel better."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And *I* love these tid bits you do. You're so good at capturing the lovely things about parenting that most people would miss. These are the things you'll look at in 5, 10, 20 years and be so glad you took the time to notice.

Jen

Kelly said...

Addie looks so much like Mike in that picture! What a beautiful family. :)

Niffer said...

Kelly - I wonder if that means that Addie will look like Mike. I always find it amazing when a little girl can look so much like her Daddy.