Pages

Friday, November 20, 2009

Thank you

Just when I wonder if I am a bad Mother for thinking that my baby's cry is just adorable (heck, any baby crying is adorable compared to the cry Ellie used to have), or for not really having a good reason for why Ellie can't bring in her stuffed cow to school... I go and get a compliment like this, from Melissa:

"Jennifer comes next. Friend I haven't met, and author of Niffer All Grown Up, Niff shares such sweet and witty tales of her daughters that she makes me want to be a nicer Mommy."

And since my friend, Salina, recently reminded me to just say "Thank You," I'll do just that.

Seriously, the compliment came at the perfect timing. It's not that I'm having a bad day, it's just something I really needed to hear. I like that I make other Mothers want to be a nicer Mommy. It implies that I'm one myself. Go me!

To all the Mommies who read my blog... go give your little ones a hug for me. And thanks, Melissa for the wonderful compliment.

4 comments:

spleeness said...

I saw that and loved it. I couldn't have said it any better!

sqpeggy said...

I agree. It's true. I'm taking mental notes all the time :) You're a great mom... I remember Ellie's cry... it would have brought most adults to their knees.

You deserve a huge pat on the back (and a day at the spa) for coming through that intact with everyone smiling. Yay Niffer!

Niffer said...

Sqpeggy - ha ha ha... whenever I get frustrated with Addie I remind myself how much more difficult it was last time. At least Addie isn't screaming bloody murder while frustrating me. She's just a quiet little pea.

melissa said...

a pleasure, niff. reading you does good things for me.

thanks for blogging.
xoxo