Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Princess Night

I've got to say that watching these two girls grow up together has been a lot of fun. They are just so darn cute when they get together and obviously adore each other! But I'm getting ahead of myself.
Last Tuesday was Princess night at Chick-Fil-A (I LOVE that place). I picked Ellie up from school and showed her the dress I brought for her to wear. I love how as soon as she put on her princess dress, she did a quiet little giggle to herself and then spun in circles. It was obvious that at that moment in time, she was certain she was a beautiful princess. She did not care about the fact that we were in the boys' bathroom in front of the stalls (maybe I *should* have taken a picture of that moment after all).
It's not always smiles and giggles with these girls. There are times when they hurt each other's feelings by not wanting to sit next to the other, or not wanting to share their breakfast with the other. But in all honesty, those times are few and far in between. They really are great to each other. Ellie loves to share with Brynnie and we often bring an extra spoon just for that purpose.
Anyway, moving on with the princess evening... they painted the girls' nails. And there were crowns to decorate. The place was a mad-house, filled with princesses and only one little knight. It was fun, even if exhausting.
And here she is... Princess Kenna, often mistaken as Princess Ellie. I just love this little girl. A couple weeks ago I admitted to wondering if we were finally starting to experience the consequences of delaying the "terrible twos" but she's been much more like herself this last week. She's been so much fun and so sweet that it's hard to imagine there's even a monster side to her. God, she's beautiful.
She wanted to meet only two princesses. Snow White was one. I loved seeing how shy and nervous she was to meet her.
This picture makes me laugh because I always thought similar pictures of other people's kids looked so goofy. Ellie just doesn't know what to do next to the princess, does she? She just wanted proof that they met. It looks so awkward but now I'm the proud Mommy owner of such a picture.
And last, but not least, there is Sleeping Beauty. Ellie's most favorite. In fact, we have half a dozen pictures of Ellie with Sleeping Beauty because she kept wanting to go back for more.
Ellie insisted that we take a picture of her AND Brynn with Sleeping Beauty. Poor Brynnie was terrified of the princesses - why that was will remain a mystery forever.

So that was our night in the enchanted kingdom of Chick-Fil-A... I hope you enjoyed.

No comments: