Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Tid-Bits X

I love finding the word of the day. You know, the special word that results in uncontrollable and inexplicable laughter in babies. A list of magical words that worked for Ellie can be found here, but so far I've only found one for Addie and that is BLECH-BLECH-BLECH.

I love how whenver Ellie puts on a skirt or dress and is transformed into a princess, she giggles to herself as she spins and watches her dress flare out. In that moment, she is all alone and she knows she's beautiful.

I love how if Ellie is concerned that I'm not thinking she's funny enough, or that I'm not happy enough, she'll ask "why are you not smy-ler-ing?"

I love those evenings when I'm trying to put Addie to sleep and all she does is make me laugh. She'll nurse for one or two sucks and then stop, looks at me and gives me a great big goofy grin. Couple sucks. Stop. Goofy grin. It's impossible for that not to penetrate anyone's thick skin. Laughing is my only option.

I love Ellie's pretend conversations on the phone. "Hello? How are you today? I'm doing good. I'll talk to you later. Bye bye!" She speaks so fast that the whole conversation might last 5 seconds - tops!

No comments: