Pages

Sunday, May 09, 2010

My treasures

Today was a wonderful day. We're setting the standards pretty high with my first few Mother's Days and today was no exception. If you stick it through the long post, I'll reward you with a fantastic video.

It started with my family wishing me "Happy Moder's Day!" and Ellie would repeat it over and over through out the day. She loved the reactions it got out of me and I loved hearing it.

Then came my treasures. Oh the treasures!
I told Michael that what I really wanted for Mother's Day was for Ellie to sign her name on a card for me. Right after Addie was born (yes, exactly 7 months ago) Ellie blew our socks off when she showed me that she could SPELL AND WRITE her name. I was shocked but sleep deprived and sadly lost the piece of paper. It's taken 7 months to finally get her to write it again. He went above and beyond my expectations. As always.


Yesterday we planted a lot of bushes and flowers. It may not look like much now but there used to be GIANT bushes in front of and to the side of the house, and along the fence line. I wish I had "before" shots but the decision to remove them was spur-of-the-moment. I'm LOVING the results. But today we decided that the flowers needed watering and Ellie offered to hold the hose. Enough said. If only the pictures showed all the giggles.

This is my first Mother's Day with Addie in our lives and I was so happy to get some fantastic pictures of her. She also happens to be exactly 7 months old today. WOW! If I didn't feel like I had so much to say about today then I'd go on and on about how wonderful she is and how I can't imagine our lives without her. Alas, you'll just have to settle for the pictures that show how she's such a happy little thing.


After our nap today we went to have ice cream. As simple as that sounds, I knew it was exactly how I wanted to spend my Mother's Day.And of course, there's always a consequence to giving a child ice cream:


Hand prints, signatures and pictures... they're all treasures I will hold dear. Just a single one would have been enough for me to declare today a success. But they're not my most prized treasure. I got VIDEOS!!!! Oh my god, you just can't get better than these... Enjoy!
This went on and on. I have half a dozen little clips like these.

Thanks to my wonderful girls who make it so easy to enjoy life. You're both so beautiful.

6 comments:

Kim said...

I'm glad to see and hear that you had such a nice Mother's Day! That last picture of your girls is adorable!!

Anonymous said...

What a great day! All the pics are wonderful. Adeline is getting so beautiful in a little girl way (as opposed to a baby). She looks so much like you.

Jen

spleeness said...

omg, what beautiful girls! They're both getting so big. Happy mother's day to a wonderful mom!

sqpeggy said...

Great post and what totally entertaining videos! I love the ones of Ellie circling Adeline on the rug. Those giggles are fantastic. Glad you had such a lovely Mother's Day.

Sarcastica said...

Happy Mother's Day! I missed out on getting pictures. I brought my camera but didn't want to take it out at the diner (I was too busy stuffing my face with the AWESOME breaky) and then the rest of the day just sort of flew by!

Niffer said...

Thanks, everyone!