Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

Our commute to daycare

Ellie: What dis road name?
Mommy: Jay Rd.
Ellie: And we live on Souf Or Card Cweek Circle?
Mommy: Yep.
Ellie: When we get on a new road, tell me what is name, ok?
Mommy: Ok.

...

Ellie: See, dos care-ots (orange traffic cones)? See dem, Mommy? On the side of the road? See?
Mommy: Yes, I see them (I see way too many of them. I despise those carrots).
Ellie: Dey say "Don't go on dis side of da road!"
Mommy: Why can't we go on that side of the road?
Ellie: Bekuz they are fixing da road!

...

Ellie: A bus! A bus!
Mommy: Where?
Ellie: Right dere! Is a school bus! Let's win it!
Mommy: You want to race?
Ellie: Yes! We're going to win!

...

Ellie: What's dis road named?
Mommy: We're on the highway now.
Ellie: Oh yeah. I remember now. Daddy-Go (Diagonal) Highway!

...

Ellie: A taxi! A taxi!
Mommy: Where?
Ellie: See, right dere?! It's a funny little taxi.
Mommy: That kind of taxi is called a Corvette.
Ellie: Is a funnai taxi!

...

Ellie: Oh oh, where is da school?
Mommy: What do you mean, where is the school?
Ellie: I dink he's hiding from us.
Mommy: The school is hiding?
Ellie: Yeah, I dink he's hiding behind dos trees!
Mommy: Right over there?
Ellie: Hi Mr School! We found you!

...

Ellie: Whats dis road named?
Mommy: Remember it's a parking lot. It doesn't have a name.
Ellie: Oh. Hi Mr. Parking Lot! I see you.

No comments: