Pages

Thursday, May 06, 2010

A dream of mine II

A while ago I told you about my dream to live in an old school house and now I've found another dream.

It's fantastically crazy, guys! One that I would love and hate all at the same time. So let's get rid of the "hate" and "crazy" aspect of it and pretend like we have all the money, time and energy in the world...

I introduce to you another fantastic find close to where we live:
More pictures can be found here.

I know what you're thinking. It's beautiful, right?

Pros:
- Spanish tile roof
- Water fountains in the yard
- Great big trees
- Great iron & stucco fence
- Lake w/ bridge in backyard
- Close to 2 acres*
- Mediterranean style house
- Close to 6,000 sq ft*
- 6 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms*
- Marble floors, walls, columns... it's GRAND
- Arched doorways
- Spanish-style entry with mezzanine
- Three staircases**
- Grand tiled mural floors
- Grand painted mural ceilings
- Even the 3-car garage has terracotta tiles!
- Cobblestone driveway
- A ballroom!
- Great patios w/ views and outdoor kitchen
- Great deal (foreclosure)

In a nutshell, it's like a piece of Europe only a mile away from my home!

Cons:
- This is Boulder, not Europe***
- My furniture would look silly in the house
- Needs HUGE chandelier for entry
- Needs museum-quality pictures instead of my cross-stitches
- Nearly every bathroom needs fixing of some sort
- Every maintenance would be expensive because of materials
- Master bath (or one of them) has mirrored ceilings****

In a nutshell, it's not going to happen. Maybe we'll wait for the next buyers to fix it up and then when we get rich, we'll buy it from them to open a Bed & Breakfast. It would be PERFECT for a Bed & Breakfast! You could turn the ballroom into a tea-room, and each bedroom has it's own bathroom, and you could cook for guests on the patio, and and and... How fun!

I soooo want this house. Yet I sooooo do not. Maybe I just need another trip to Europe. That must be it. I need to get my Europe-fix.

* Different listings say different numbers
** To the upstairs alone! One grand staircase, one that is a servants staircase towards the back of the house, and one that goes from the entry to the master bathroom (WTF???)
*** No wonder it never sold
**** Who needs to watch themselves poop?

No comments: