Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

Big Sister Quote of the Day XLIII

While getting Addie up in the morning, for some reason she was upset. From her room, I hear Ellie talking to me:

Ellie: Hey Mommy? What's wrong with Add-line?
Mommy: I'm not sure. Maybe she wishes she had slept longer?
Ellie: No. Dat's not right. I think she needs her big sister.
Mommy: Oh? Is that it?
Ellie: Yeah!
Mommy: Well then why don't you come in here and make her happy.
Ellie: Ok.

Moments later Ellie comes in, walking the Brynn-patented monkey walk (imagine her bent or slouched over and her arms dangling towards the ground - the girls think it's hilarious). Of course so does Addie. Lots of smiles.

Mommy: I guess you were right.

Doing nothing more than the Monkey Walk, she leaves the room and Addie is happy for a while.

No comments: