Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Little Sister Quote of the Day I

Ok, it's less of a "quote" and more of a "facial expression" but you have to start somewhere...

Mommy: Let's change your diaper. Do you have a stinky diaper?
Addie: (kick kick - let's take that as a yes)
Ellie: (screaming downstairs)
Addie: (looks at the door and then at me with great concern)
Mommy: Yeah, that's your sister Ellie. She's sad right now.
Addie: (starts to fuss with a whiny sad sound)
Mommy: What's wrong, Addie?
Addie: (fusses even more)
Ellie: (stops crying)
Addie: (stops fussing and looks at me with a curious look)
Mommy: Did your sister stop crying?
Addie: (silent but no longer fussing)
Ellie: (laughs hysterically from downstairs - it was a very bipolar day)
Addie: (looks at door and then looks at me)
Mommy: Was that your sister? Is she happy now?
Addie: (HUGE smile and lots of kicks)

Wow, baby girl! At 8.5 months you're already capable of showing concern for your big sister. You never cease to amaze me.

1 comment:

spleeness said...

I LOVED this. She's so smart and sweet!