Pages

Friday, July 09, 2010

Raising two beautiful souls

Remember this stinkin' cute picture that I posted the other day? It also happens to be the one in the center of my background. I haven't been able to stop staring at it since.

Sometimes I take a photo where I feel like it portrays my daughter's personality perfectly (can't explain it) and I can't stop staring at it. That's the first one of Addie that makes me feel that way.

I'm not sure when I first felt this way about a photo of Baby Ellie. When I go back and look through old photos, this is the one that stands out. But it's hard to say. I certainly didn't have the same perspective about it as I do now.

With Ellie, because I didn't know what was in store, I always assumed that her personality was present in every picture. For some reason, with Addie, I'm aware of the fact that a child's personality really starts to blossom when they can start exploring the world on their own. How else can you really get a glimpse into what a person is like unless you see how they take in the world around them?

It's an exciting moment for me. I wish I could describe it better. What is it about certain photos that make you not only appreciate the moment but also makes you excited for what the future has in store? There are those rare photos that make me realize that I'm raising two beautiful souls. And sometimes, regardless of the honor, I have a hard time grasping its full significance.

1 comment:

Populus Es Bardus said...

The photos and the girls are beautiful. Wait until they get old enough to appreciate the pictures that mommy took. Nothing will make your soul feel better than when Addie and Ellie tell you how much they enjoy the pictures of their earlier lives.