Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Tid-Bits XIV

I love how ever since Michael brought Ellie back a Pikachu from Japan, the game "Peek-a-boo!" has become the game of "Peek-a-Choo!"

I love that one of Ellie's favorite bedtime games is to pretend to go to the "flower bin" to get flowers for Mommy. She leaves the room and comes back and plants flowers for me. "Dig. Plant. Water," she says as she goes around the room planting her flowers. She then tells me that they're ready and they smell really good. I go around and do an exaggerated sniff of all her flowers. She giggles and asks me if I'm happy. I tell her I've never been happier.

Another of Ellie's favorite bedtime games is "Baby Seal" (a byproduct of her seeing a newborn seal at the zoo). She claps and barks for a fish. I tell her what trick she needs to do to get a fish (standing on one leg, somersault, walking backwards, twirling). Then I have her bark and clap again and I feed her a pretend fish.

I love that even at 9 months old, Addie is guaranteed to smile if you say the word "Tooty," and especially so if it comes from Ellie.

I love that Ellie insists that the footrest of an reclining chair is the pillow for the head. You have to lay with your head on the footrest and your feet up in the air.

There are a few areas in the neighborhood where the weeds grow tall around the sidewalk. Ellie calls this the "dungle" (jungle).

Ellie has decided that the amputated Bun Buns are boys and the ones with arms are girls.

I love how when we watch "So You Think You Can Dance," Ellie wants to dance just like the people on TV. I'm the prince and she's the princess and we get up and try to do everything the dancers are doing. Rolling on the ground, hand work, foot work, jumping, spinning, even aerials... those choreographers are demanding!

I love how Ellie gets excited any time she sees the Eiffel Tower. "Dats where you and Daddy got married!" I hope she isn't disappointed when she finds out that's not QUITE the truth. She now even has her own Eiffel Tower in her bedroom and she loves to go over to it and ask details about when Daddy asked Mommy to marry him, including "Were you stuck up dere like Madeleine?"

I love how much Addie loves hats. If you're wearing a hat, you're her favorite person. She is obsessed with playing with people's hats. Too cute. Maybe she'll become a hat person just like her Mommy.

I love that Ellie picked out a flavor of soap from the farmer's market with Nana, and that flavor happened to be lilac (both Mommy and Daddy's favorite). Now our entire upstairs smells like lilac.

No comments: