Pages

Thursday, January 06, 2011

And we're back!

Well, we made it back in one piece. I suppose technically we came back with more than we left because Addie now has two more teeth and Ellie has a tattoo.

So... some highlights of our trip to see Grandpa Lou and Grandmommy Jeanne? Hmm... Already I feel myself forgetting so many. Over all it was a good trip, as good as one could expect given the fact that we were traveling with two young ones.

We went ice-skating, which was a complete failure... no, wait... that was just my back talking. Oh, sure the girls had a blast, but we learned that it is HA-ARD! After a single lap both Daddy and Mommy were exhausted from practically holding up the girls. We'd have to squat for Ellie, who hung onto our arms for dear life. Our backs feel 20 years older already. And Addie? OH BOY! Did she LOVE to ice-skate. If you can call it that. She had her boots on and just stood between my legs with her feet gliding on the ice. She had a blast. All in all it was a success and a lot of fun.

I was able to break away from the girls two nights. One night I drove up to see a beautiful Mommy friend for a quick coffee, only it turned out to be a full-fledged dessert date. Apparently it was a very big deal for her to get out of the house so she was going to make the most of it by treating us to chocolate fondue. Not that I complained. I had a great time. The other night Daddy and I went to dinner with some other Mommy/Daddy friends. In both cases we talked about nothing other than our children. Go figure. This is the life of a parent.

Sorry for the boring post... In my head I have witty comments about the trip, but they seem to be stuck in there for now. This is what happens when I don't have internet access for a week.

The morning after we got home, she couldn't stop pointing to things in her room. It was as though she was saying "See that? That's MY bed. And see that? That's MY chair. And see that? That's MY window! Do you recognize this place? Do you see!? It's MY room!" I right there with you, Addie. It's good to be home.

Happy New Years!

No comments: