Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Look Ma! I'm crafty!

A whlie ago, I bought these two fellows from my favorite Etsy shop. I quickly came the conclusion that I had to learn how to make these little guys for two reasons. 1.) If I bought all of the ones I loved, there would be no gnomes for anyone else to bring to their home and 2.) There would also be no money in my bank account to bring anything else to my home. But, please... feel free to give her your business. They're adorable!

And here is my first Niffer-made gnome. I. MADE. HER. Can you believe it??? Not bad for my first try! My little fellow looks older and wiser than the Etsy ones, and her flowers are huge... perhaps a gnome's flowers grow with old age? This wise soul taught me a lot about the ways of the gnomes. She loves to pass on her knowledge to anyone who is willing to listen to one of her stories of her many adventures beyond the garden.

So... Why has Niffer decided to learn how to make these little gnomes? I have no freakin' idea. There is just something about the wee ones that make me smile. They seem to give me a hint of magic in my life. I like them. I look at them and I have to smile. They make me happy. Enough said.

So now I'm making more. I'd love to make them and post stories about fantastic cute little gnome adventures like the Etsy seller has in her shop, but then I'd be nearing the point of blog-overflow. Regardless, I may end up with a whole colony of little Niffer gnomes who live in my purple Niffer glass bottles and old Niffer steamer trunks (two other obsessions of mine). Or perhaps you may end up with one showing up at your house some random afternoon. They might make occasional appearances here. Who knows. All I know is I'm bringing more into the world. Life is good.

UPDATE: Sadly my little old gnome passed away last night. Merlin got to her. May she rest in peace.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh no! Bad Merlin! :(

Niffer said...

Yes but she was old. Maybe it was her time to go. At least he didn't take one of the others!

Angie said...

I can't believe all that you did and then "died"!!!!

Dana said...

I love your gnomes. And Etsy too. I, too, get onto a fetish of something random or unique. And I do run with it. You go! Have fun.