Pages

Monday, January 03, 2011

Tid-Bits

I love how when Ellie wants to say something similar to "Oh, Mommy, you're just silly" she actually says "Oh Captain!" like they do on the Wiggles DVD we have.

I love how much Addie LOVES her stuffed animals. When we see one of those singing stuffed animals at the store, it is not uncommon for her to watch it for a moment then walk up to it, put her arms around it for a big hug, then start walking towards the door of the store, WITH the stuffed animal in her arms.

I love that Addie will sing with me when I start singing "Aye aye aye... in China they never grow chili." She will repeat "Aye aye aye..."

I love how when we went to a Christmas store, Addie LOVED to look into the baskets of ornaments. She'd grab one from the first basket, then walk over to see what was in the second basket. She'd grab an ornament from the second basket and replace it with the first ornament. Repeat. Through the ENTIRE store. I call it "selective rearrangement."

Way back (but not too too long ago) in high school I wrote a children's story about an elephant who tied a string around his nose hoping it would fall off. It was an auto-biography of sorts. I recently read the story to Ellie (along with a prequel of Elliot moving to a new house) and she LOVED them. She can't seem to get enough... It has sparked some potential sequel stories in Niffer's mind.

I love how much Addie enjoys her forward-facing car seat. Her first ride home in one, she kicked her legs in excitement all the way home. Now that I've switched the seat in my car, she gives me great big giant smiles whenever I look at her in the backseat.

I love how dirty Ellie's tights get from a day's worth of adventures at school. When you take her shoes off, it still looks like she has shoes on. Yes, they're THAT dirty.

I love how Addie will head-bunt you when you ask for kisses. It comes from so many people kissing her on her forehead.

I love how Addie will walk up to a dog and present the dog with her forehead, close her eyes and grin, expecting to get a great big kiss. I've seen her do it to dog statues too.

I love how Ellie mispronounces the letter L. She calls it the letter "L-lo" Try to get her to copy your pronunciation and it still comes out as "L-lo."

I love when Addie is on my shoulders, she bounces up and down to get me to jump. She has a blast! Then after finally growing tired of being carried, I love how incredibly proud she is to walk on her own. And so focused, with her tongue sticking out and her hands up in the air.

No comments: