Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Growing Addie

Just look at how big my baby is getting! With the exception of her being so Mommy-focused, little Addie has been such a joy to be around these last couple of months. Her cuteness replinishes our energy. Her adorable coos and ahhs make us smile. The ease at which she goes to sleep still takes us by surprise, but is often exactly what we need by the end of the day. But she's growing so fast and is so interested in learning.

It's still a little strange to see her as a little girl instead of my little baby, but she is so smart - just like her big sister. One of her recent favorites is singing Itsy Bitsy Spider. Look at how well she does!!!

I think one of my favorite things about this girl is her hair. God, I LOVE her pigtails!!! Ellie didn't have this much hair until a much older age and by the time I got a picture of her in pigtails, she was already pulling them out. With Addie, her younger age has made it easier to have daily pigtails. She sits and plays with the water in the sink while I make her hair super cute. There might not be anthing cuter than toddler piggies.

For a couple months now, Addie has been very proud of her ability to spin. She'll often walk up to you, stare you in the face and then start spinning until you acknowledge that you see her. Adorable. Combine this with the Ring Around the Rosie song and you have one very proud little Addie.

For the most part, Addie's smiles have been replaced by a focused little girl taking in the world around her. She hasn't been full of smiles lately but she's certainly gaining her own personality. She loves to make funny faces.

And speaking of funny... Addie is also starting to develop her own list of things she thinks is funny. Ellie is top of the list still, though now it's a little different. Even Ellie has a harder time getting Addie to laugh, but put a video of Ellie in front of Addie and she can't stop laughing. I was going to delete this video because of Ellie's attitude (nothing quite like doing exactly what she asks and then being told "no, don't do that") but Addie loves it. She laughs and laughs and even does a little bounce whenever I show it to her. So I guess we're keeping it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that little girl, just from your posts & pictures! I might hide her when you guys come in October and keep her for myself.

-Jen

Anonymous said...

I seldom leave comments on blog, but I have been to this post which was recommend by my friend, lots of valuable details, thanks again.