Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Daddy and Addie

Addie has really turned a corner in recent weeks. Mommy has always been top of the list of favorite people for both of the girls, and especially Addie. Up until recently her preference for me was so strong that she would cry if Daddy ever came close. It was heartbreaking to witness and I felt horrible for Daddy.

So thank goodness that seems to be gone now! Oh sure, she still prefers me, but she has really warmed up to Daddy lately and it has been such a pleasure to see. He is such a good Daddy and it makes my heart sing to watch them together. They play together and tease each other. There's lots of smiles and giggles and squeals.

A few weeks ago Addie gave Daddy a great big hug. It was a BIG moment for him.

Every week I take Ellie to gymnastics and Daddy gets a few hours alone with Addie. Most of the time they go to Chick-Fil-A, eat tons of food, and play on the playground. Addie does it all by herself. She's able to climb up and explore and go down the slide - without any assistance. She's quite the little explorer.

My favorite part is coming home and hearing Daddy say "OMG! That is a CUTE little girl." Often he doesn't have any specific examples, but I understand exactly what he's saying. Our little Addie is... almost too cute for words.

No comments: