Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

A peek at Ellie at school

Every now and then I get an insight into what my Ellie is like at school. I am always at awe with how proud I am to be her Mommy.

Last week I picked her up for a doctor's appointment. When she saw me, she stopped eating her snack and then went over to her friends Michael, Brynn and Isabella (who were sitting at a different table) and explained to them why she was leaving. I was tickled by the fact that she explained to them, "Don't you worry. Even dough I'm leaving, you're still my friend. I will be back soon. I will be back dis afternoon. DON'T WORRY. You are still my friend." Ha!

Her teachers recently provided us with a survey of her skills (something our previous daycare never did). It served as a tool for the teachers to know how they can improve their lessons and let the parents know where their kids stand in terms of learning. Anyway... the teacher's summary at the end:

"Ellie is such a sweet little girl full of energy and spunk. She loves learning and is always filled with questions about waht we're doing. She has a good heart and enjoys being the "motherly" figure among her friends. We (heart) her!"

Awww shucks!

Another insight... Nana takes Ellie to Spanish class every week. She picks her up from school and drops her off again. She told us that it's neat to see Ellie interact as school. It's almost like she's the Queen Bee of her classroom. In her words:

"Yes, I love to pick her up in the middle of her day at school. She seems so happy and well adjusted. The other kids tend to flock around her. She seems very interactive, kind and sympathetic with the other kids."

Awww shucks!

Perhaps I haven't said it recently, but my Ellie is just incredible.

No comments: