Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Snowy Valentines Day

*
This year it has been much snowier than usual, and I absolutely LOVE it. I'm not sure I can ever truly get tired of the snow, though even as I say that I also know how much I appreciate other warmer weather too. I'm sure that's why I love Colorado so much - each season is so distinct.

But snow... 2011 marks the tenth year that I truly love the snow. Before that I always appreciated it and thought it was beautiful, but it just didn't compare to the love I have for it now. Snow will always have a special place in my heart, followed by the Eiffel Tower, Aspen Leaves, Cherry Blossoms, Daffodils, Sunflowers and Pumpkins. Oh - and let's not forget about Christmas!

Back to the point, Niffer! SNOW! I love it and I'll tell you why... because of the moment he spoke of in this letter:

Dear Jennifer,

I wanted to take a moment of time to let you know what you mean to me. I know you can't possibly hear this as much as you deserve.

One afternoon we were sitting in the Engineering Center lobby, and you were looking out at the snow falling. You turned to me and asked, "What do you think people take for granted? I think they don't appreciate the snow." I always thought you were attractive, but in my eyes, that moment made you beautiful. Never since have I ever watched the snow fall, and not thought of you, and really appreciated it.

I can honestly say that you have brought so much light into my life, that I am a better person for having known you. I just thought you should know.

So, have a happy Valentine's Day, and if you would excuse me, I am going to go watch the snow fall.

Always,
Michael


Written in 2002, that letter was the beginning of my Happily Ever After. Thank you, Michael, for being my Happily Ever After. Happy Valentine's Day! I love you more than ever!


* Photo found at this site.

3 comments:

Angie said...

I love your "princess" story and never get tired of hearing it! Both you and Michael are lucky!!!

Nana said...

My heart is in my throat, and the eyes are misty. Happily ever after to you!

Andree said...

How lovely!