Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Ellie's Art IV

Aside from the assigned craft projects, most of Ellie's art from school entails swirls and colors filling an entire page. It can't usually be called a "drawing" per-se. But every now and then she shows me a gem like this one. It's Brynn and Ellie, of course. Too cute. Notice the lines across the top of their heads? Those are foreheads (more on that concept below).

It made me realize that it's been a while since Ellie has done any drawings, so when we went to a restaurant with some friends, I was thrilled when Ellie (on her own accord) drew a picture of Addie and Ellie holding hands and a picture of Mommy and Daddy making funny faces. Much to my absolute dismay, we left the drawings at the restaurant. Ellie told me that it was ok because she drew them for me to throw them away. Little did she know their worth to me. So after a minor melt-down on my part (yes I was upset enough to cry), Ellie was nice enough to draw me some more pictures:
Here is Mommy and Daddy making funny faces, Take II. They're not as silly looking as the originals. In fact these ones look a little scary, but Ellie insists the Mommy is sticking out her curled tongue and daddy is doing something funny with his lips. This time, they're holding hands too. Take note of the foreheads. I think it's funny that Ellie isn't drawing the top of people's heads unless she specifically says they need foreheads (in this case, Mommy has a forehead but Daddy does not). Also notice the eyeballs... instead of being a single circle she has started to draw pupils. Interesting. Her fingers need work, as they resemble old fashioned TV antennas more than anything else, but I think they're fantastic.
Here is Ellie and Addie, Take II. I LOVE it!!! Maybe even more so than the original. I love how they're smiling with their teeth, even though their smiles go beyond their teeth. Notice they don't have foreheads. I'm not sure why that is, but she did remember the most important part - the two sisters are holding hands!

After duplicating the two lost drawings and making Mommy much happier, Ellie wanted to draw some more. So together, she and Daddy drew peacocks...

... and cheetahs...

... and finally snakes.

Then it was Mommy's turn. We drew puppies...

... and owls...

... and finally sea turtles. She insisted on coloring in the ocean around the turtles. I think she was particularly proud of this one. It's displayed prominently on our fridge as we speak.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Her people look kind of like space aliens!!

Angie said...

I LOVE children's art!!!!