Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Boys 101

A week or two ago...

Mommy: Who do you want to invite to your birthday party?
Ellie: All da girls but none of da boys.
Mommy: Why not the boys?
Ellie: Well we can invite Michael and Charlie but not da odder boys.
Mommy: Why is that?
Ellie: Because the other boys chase me and I don't like it.
Mommy: Oh. I see. Did you know that when boys like a girl, they tease you? So chasing you is their way of saying they like you.
Ellie: Why?
Mommy: I have no idea. That's just the way boys are.


A week or so later...

Ellie: What's wrong Mommy?
Mommy: (with a smile on my face) Oh, Daddy is just teasing me and he won't stop.
Ellie: Dat's how he's your friend!
Mommy: Oh?
Ellie: Yeah, he can not stop teasing you because he likes you.

1 comment:

Jen H said...

Oh. That makes my heart throb. How sweet that she remembered, recognized it, & knows that Daddy likes Mommy.