Pages

Friday, March 04, 2011

10th Annual Kissing Day!

I interrupt our regularly scheduleded program with a post for my love. Today we celebrate our 10th Kissing Day! What is Kissing Day? I'm glad you asked!


March 4th, 2002 was our first Kissing Day. It was two weeks after the infamous email Michael sent to me. It was the day we shared our first kiss, while sitting on the chair lift at Brekenridge.


And today, nine years later we are still very happy. Happy just doesn't quite do justice to how lucky I feel but it's still a good word, none the less.


Happy 10th Kissing Day, my love! You have brought so much beauty and happiness to my life. Everything from treasure hunting, to my beautiful daugthers, to simple words of encouragement to do whatever it is that makes me a happy Niffer... I don't know how you do it, but you manage to do it all. You're a true Niffer Boy and I think you're amazing.

3 comments:

CBonebreak said...

This is so sweet!!! We should ALL celebrate Kissing Day with our loved ones ;)

Niffer said...

Thanks Chris! Actually, I read an article the other day about how to keep the closeness in a relationship. Two of the suggestions that stood out for me were 1. Celebrate a non-anniversary every year (hey! we do that with kissing day!) and 2. Frame and hang a photo of your dating days as proudly in a place you see often. It will remind you of the days you fell in love. I haven't done that one yet, but I love the idea!

I'm so glad you still read my blog! I think about you often and it makes me happy that we're still connected in some way. Hugs!

Jen H said...

Aww. I love you guys.