Pages

Monday, March 07, 2011

Princess Jen

Ellie said something a few days ago that made me realize I haven't posted more pictures of our weddings last fall like I've been meaning to do. Well I guess I'll do that now. I love an excuse to look back at my little princess and smile at her view on marriage. It makes my heart sing.

A few days ago Ellie put on her white princess dress and asked which princess wears white. I told her that all princesses wear white when they get married, so she could be ANY princess she wanted to be. She thought for a moment and said "I'm Princess Jen. Do you remember her? She was your friend and she wore a white dress with blue shoes? That's who I am today. I'm not Lori-lelle, I'm Princess Jen." And then she started spinning. So... apparently the fact that Princess Jen left a big impact on little Ellie, though it might have had something to do with the crown she gave her. Thanks, Princess Jen!

I just love how much little girls like to spin. It makes me wonder what boys do? If a girl pretends to be a princess and knows that a princess is supposed to dance and that dancing is really just another word for spinning... what's the equivalent for boys? I don't think Superman does much spinning.

Oh, and do you remember Ellie's toast? I've wanted a copy of these photos for SOOO LONG. The moment I saw these photos on Princess Jen's photographer's website, my eyes teared up. There was something about how innocent my little girl looked while giving her toast... combined with the expression on the princess' face from her reaction... I don't think I can put my finger on why. All I know is that seeing the photos got to me.

And of course I **HAD** to include a photo of me and my girls. Only this time I'm not referring to the little girls. Miss and Jen, you are both so beautiful inside and out. I'm so fortunate to be able to call you my friends. Love ya!

And quoting Ellie's toast...
"You're a very pretty princess and I hope you live happily ever after."
It goes for you both.

2 comments:

Grace said...

Very cute. And in response to your question, at least in our house the boy is the prince and slays the dragon to save the princess. This started when my kids were playing with three other girls. They dressed him up and had him be the prince and he slayed the dragon with dandelions.

Niffer said...

Cute Grace! I absolutely adore my two girls (in case it's not obvious already) but I do wonder what kind of adventures I miss out on just because I don't have a boy. However, I'm so in touch with my girls - I seem to understand their way of thinking so well. I wonder if it would be the same with a boy. A big part of me doubts it, but Michael would probably pick up the slack.