Pages

Monday, November 08, 2010

Ellie gives a toast

I was in another wedding on Saturday. This one I made the invitations for and I LOVE LOVE LOVE how they turned out. If I were to redo my invitations, they'd be more like this. I saved the best ones and put them in a frame for the bride and groom. They loved it so much that they put it up for display during the wedding. Yay! Niffer done good.
To say that the wedding was beautiful just doesn't do it justice. The bride was gorgeous and I couldn't stop staring at her all day, wondering if I was that beautiful and radiant at my wedding. I'm told I was.
But of course, that's not why I'm writing. I have to write about my Ellie and her THIRD wedding! I so badly wish I could post some of the other pictures I took but sadly they're in Aruba now. Ugh. When the beautiful bride comes back I'll try to be patient with her emailing them to me.
Of course Ellie loved the wedding. She loves seeing real princesses and was particularly excited about Miss Jen being a real princess. Though she didn't have any flower girls, Princess Jen still wanted to make the day special for Ellie by giving her a crown. I was shocked to know that Ellie knew this was the plan (did I say something to her?? I don't think so). After the wedding, she came up to me and said "Mommy, I want to give Princess Jen a hug now. And get my crown. But I want to give her a hug first and den get my crown. Ok?" She was so sweet with Princess Jen and Prince Jason - I'll have to post those pictures in a few weeks.
But Ellie loved her crown. Add a napkin tied over her shoulders and she was transformed into a pretty pretty princess just like Princess Jen. In many ways the evening went exactly like you'd expect. Ellie felt so grown up staying up so late and insisted that even though she was tired, she had to wait for the princess and the prince to dance and to eat some cake. The princess and prince shocked the crowd by doing a hip-hop routine as a complete surprise. It was excellent and has been the top of the list of things Ellie mentions about the wedding since. "When I get bigger and I find my prince I wanna do a funny dance wif him too!"
But the thing that I really want to focus on was the toast. My Ellie is incredible. She pushes me to be a better person all the time and often motivates me to do things that are completely out of my comfort zone. Case in point? The toasts. First the best man gave his toast and Ellie said "I wanna have a turn wif dat!" Then the maitron of honor gave a toast and Ellie said "Can I have a turn?" Then the maid of honor gave a toast and Ellie said "Please? I wanna talk into dat sthing for the princess too!" I finally asked her what she wanted to tell the princess and prince and she said "I don't know." I told her that she had to decide before she could have a turn. Finally she decided what she wanted to say and asked nicely for a turn. It never ceases to amaze me how bold and confident my little girl can be sometimes. I on the other hand, felt completely akward but since I was wearing a bridesmaid dress, I figured I had the right to stand up and grab the microphone too, right?

So I did. Because my Ellie wanted a turn so badly, I stood up and gave a quick little toast so that I could hand the microphon to her. She was excited but got a slight case of stage fright and couldn't remember what she wanted to say. I whispered a short reminder into her ear and she spoke into the microphone...
"You're a very pretty princess and I hope you live happily ever after."

Go ahead... say your "AWWWWW!" The rest of the room did too. Perfect.

2 comments:

Populus Es Bardus said...

You got an Awwww! out of me before you even gave the go ahead. Kids will always amaze you with the purity of what they say.

Angie said...

I say Awwwww ......