Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

Abroad

This last weekend I was in Cambridge (ENGLAND!!!!) with my Michael. He was over there for work and I tagged along. It was kind of our mini celebration for having reached the end of our infancy stage in parenting. No more infants. It's fantastic.

We both love Europe and traveling, and this time was no exception (even though it was a short trip for me). After doing some walking around and seeing some of the colleges (him before I came into town, and me waiting for him to get out of his class) we each individually thought "OMG! I want to go to school here!"

And then admitting that wasn't very likely for us right now, we both individually thought "We should tell the girls that we will pay for five years of college as long one of those years is abroad." It doesn't have to be Cambridge. Just abroad.

Ha! Yes, we're living vicariously through our children, but that's one of the most important jobs parents have, right? To want more for their children than they had. Besides, there are worse things than a free education and being forced to travel to Europe for it. These girls have it good.

5 comments:

Dan said...

Fantastic! Pictures?

Niffer said...

I'll try to post some soon.

Elaine said...

Of course you'll let me know if you ever come to Paris, right?!

Niffer said...

Of course I will! How much longer are you going to be there for? I would love to visit you in Paris. The project that Michael is on for the European Space Agency is in limbo right now, so I don't know what's going to happen. But Paris is a relatively common place for them to send him.

sqpeggy said...

They do have it great. You guys are wonderful parents and you're so good at budgeting that I actually think you could make it happen. That's a wonderful goal for your little girls.