Pages

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Budderflies and Cadderpillars

This year Ellie really wanted to match her baby sister for Halloween - that is, after I finally convinced her that she shouldn't be a bumble bee because Brynn would be something different this year. I figured that the years in which they will want to match are very limited, so I should take advantage of it now. So, we tossed around a bunch of ideas... Little Bo Peep and her sheep? A princess and her dragon? A flower and a bee? But the one that seemed to stick the most was the idea that Ellie would be a butterfly and Addie would be a baby butterfly. Ellie learned that those were called caterpillars.
I found a fantastic caterpillar costume and then made Ellie's to match. I think Ellie was impressed. Every time she put it on, she'd run around yelling "Fly! Fly! Fly!" She enjoyed watching the process of making the costume too. She helped me make sure that her costume had all the same colors as Addie's.
Ellie had no hesitation explaining her costume to others, "I'm a budderfly! And my baby is a cadderpillar! A cadderpillar is a baby budderfly! Maybe when my baby is bigger she can be a budderfly like me, but not right now. She's just a cadderpillar." A caterpillar with potential, perhaps, but still just a caterpillar.

7 comments:

Populus Es Bardus said...

Oh, Too Cute!!! They looked awesome and the butterfly costume came out great. Looks like they had a Happy Halloween.

Jasmin said...

Those are the cutest costumes, with cute kids in them. I love the idea.

Niffer said...

Thanks! I'm particularly proud of my butterfly. It only cost me $7 (if ever actually return the unused supplies) and one sacrificed hat. Not too shabby! And super easy! And the best part was that the wings kind-of flapped when she moved. So fun!

Angie said...

AAAAHHHHHH, so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Char said...

LOVE their costumes :)

Kim said...

Cute costumes! I'm glad Ellie had such a great time trick-or-treating. It's such a fun age!

CBonebreak said...

They are SO CUTE!!!! What a brilliant idea. So adorable!!!