Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Niffer's future

Long ago I told Michael that I could not marry him unless he agreed to be a cute old man some day. No, that was not my response when he actually popped the question, but it was a well known contingency. I have always felt that having him in my life is the one thing that matters most.

Now with our kids around, that statement is a little more fuzzy. I can't imagine my life without my daughters, but it still all goes back to it being Michael who gave them to me. He doesn't get nearly as much credit on my blog as he deserves.

Where am I going with this? I want this to be us in the future. An old couple wins $11M, keeps only 2% for themselves, gives each member $100k and then donates ALL the rest. Their attitude? "We have each other and that matters the most."

It's beautiful. It's what I want for Michael and I. The knowledge that we just need each other, and to be able to help so many others in need... that's what I want. Lottery or no lottery (it would help if we even played the lotto in the first place). I want my Michael, my cute old man, by my side while I go out and save the world, one donation at a time.

1 comment:

Cindy C. said...

I once told Ed that I knew he was going to be a cute old man because he looks like his dad and his dad is a cute old man. I think that creeped him out a bit. :)