Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tid-Bits XVII

I love how as soon as music turns on, Addie bobs up and down just a little bit.

I love how Ellie has perfected the chair dance. Her shoulders bounce up and down whenever she's rockin' to the music in the car.

Every time I go into the bathroom at our house I get a smile on my face because our toilet paper is no longer kept in a role next to the toilet. It's kept in a big heap on the floor because Addie loves to unroll it.

I love how social Addie seems to be getting. I seem to get lots of compliments from random parents of other babies at school, all saying that Addie loves to play with them when they come in to pick up their own children.

I love how after dressing up as a princess, Ellie starts to dance and sing, only to be interrupted by a wedgie, to which she said "What a mindent... My panties are stuck in my butt... Ok... It's fixed now." Then she continued to sing her princess song and dance her princess dance.

I love how excited Ellie is to show me beautiful things. "OH! Oh! Mommy, come quick! Have you ever seen a sunrise like dat before?" and "WHOA! Check out dat tree! I just love the colors!" and "LOOK! LOOK! The cloud is purple. Is as pretty as I ever seen!"

I love how after observing older people blow into a flute, Addie sticks it in her mouth and hums.

I love how much Addie adores her stuffed animals. So much more than her bigger sister. She'll grab a bear and give it a huge hug, maybe even tackle it to the ground, then hand the bear to you and move on to the next one. She LOVES to bury her face into her bears and will even collapse onto them when she's tired.

I love my daughters' dancing styles. Addie will be sitting on the floor and will rotate her body clockwise then counter-clockwise. Ellie will usually do what she calls the "chicken dance" but it's more of a shoulder dance. She lifts her left shoulder then her right. Sometimes she has her arms bent up for "chicken wings" but not much more than that.

I love how Ellie always defaults to yelling "Pickles and Bananas" when you take a video of her.

I love how Addie stretches out her toes, as wide as they can go, before you put socks onto her feet.

I love how Addie says "Da!" instead of "Boo!" when she is playing peek-a-boo. She also says "Da!" when she blows kisses.

I love how Addie has learned the game Oh-Oh and says "Ah-Ah-Ah" when she drops something. At school, the babies all sit in a table that has a line of chairs inserted so that all the babies sit and eat i in a line... one day Daddy went to pick her up and she was sitting at the table with the spot on either side of her completely empty (chair, let alone baby). It turns out she discovered she could pick up the chair and drop it onto the floor. The teachers said she did it with a very apologetic "Ah-Ah" after dropping each one. Ha!

I love that when Ellie's class went out to their pumpkin patch to pick pumpkins (think apple-sized pumpkins), Ellie chose the smallest pumpkin she could possibly find (think grape-sized pumpkin) for the one she wanted to keep. She insisted that she wanted a cute baby pumpkin.

I love how proud Ellie is to "know all the words" to the songs we listen to. I don't have the heart to tell her that most of the words she sings make no sense, but she does manage to sing through entire songs.

Addie went to Bounce Town for the first time a couple weeks ago. She LOVED it. Ever since, she has decided that I am her personal trampoline. Every time she sits on me or crawls up to me, she starts bouncing and bouncing and bouncing.

I love how when Ellie sleeps with me, we always sleep sideways on the bed. It's more fun that way.

I love how Addie leans her forehead in for a kiss when you announce you want one.

I love how Ellie brings home rocks from the playground and claims they're "special rocks." She once even found a heart-shaped one "I found it specially for you Daddy!"

I love how easy it is to make Addie laugh. An exaggerated expression or funny movement is all it takes. Repeat said expression or movement again and again, and you have yourself a fantastic giggle monster.

I love how Ellie loves to tell secrets. She'll ask me to tell her a secret and I'll whisper in her ear something like "The pig is pink, not blue." Then she'll take a turn and whisper in my ear "The cow jumps and eats at the same time." The longer we play the game, the more ellaborate her secrets have become. My personal favorite was when she said, "Ogres live happily ever after wif donkeys. Shhh! Don't tell anyone!" This results in a lot of smiles between Mommy and Ellie, as though we're in our own little world.

No comments: