Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

The end of an era

Ellie has kissed my breast 9 times in the last 12 days. Oh yes, I've been counting.

I stopped breastfeeding Addie 12 days ago and am finally almost, but not quite, pain and lump free. Go me!

When I stopped breastfeeding Ellie I was rock hard for two weeks straight. I could barely stand the touch of my shirt against my breasts, let alone anyone accidentally bumping into them. It took me over three weeks to fully recover. Crazy.

This time around, it's not nearly as bad. I wouldn't say I'm walking around with hard melons but I have been tender. And whenever Ellie accidentally bumps into me, resulting in an unexpected shriek from her Mommy, she gently kisses my breast and pats it, claiming it's now ok.

Quite honestly, I don't ever know how to respond to a child kissing my boob and patting it affectionately... so I can think of nothing to do other than to count the number of times it happens.

No comments: