Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Rockin' It 101

Ellie: I wanna wear a dress today!
Mommy: Ok, let's pick one out.
Ellie: Can I wear one that poofs out like a princess?
Mommy: No, sweetie. Those are too fancy for school.
Ellie: How about dis den? Does it poof out?
Mommy: That's a dress for the spring time and you might get cold.
Ellie: But I wanna wear it.
Mommy: Ok, we need to wear tights with it then. Oh no, there are no clean tights.
Ellie: I have an idea! How bout we wear pants underneathe the dress?!
Mommy: Great idea! Let's put on long sleeves and pants and then the dress on top.
Ellie: And I want to wear my princess crown.
Mommy: Ok.
Ellie: Oh I know! I want to wear bof crowns.
Mommy: Ok.
Ellie: And I wanna wear my pink socks! And princess shoes!
Mommy: Ok.

The result... Long sleeve black shirt, black pants, red short-sleeved dress, pink socks, white fancy wedding shoes, a red bandanna, and a jeweled crown.

Mommy: You're rockin' it!
Ellie: No, Mommy. I need sunglasses for I can be rockin' it. (grabbing purple heart-shaped sunglasses and putting them on) See? NOW I'm rockin' it!
Mommy: Oh I see.
Ellie: But I don't want to rock it right now. (taking off her glasses) I just want to be a princess.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No picture?? =)

Jen

Niffer said...

You don't know how hard I tried for a picture. I do have a picture of another day with another crazy personally-chosen-outfit. Maybe I'll post that soon.