Pages

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Trick or treat... I need to pee...

It should come as no surprise that we went trick or treating with Brynn. Addie stayed home to man the door. She had no problem saying "Hiiiiiii" in a sing-song voice whenever the door was opened to the neighbor kids in costumes.
But Ellie and I joined Brynn and her sister. Lilah is 16.5 months old - 4 months older than Addie. Brynn dressed up as Little Bo Peep and Lilah was her sheep. Simply adorable. Ellie was proud to carry her green pumpkin, which she bought with her VERY OWN MONEY. Woah! Too cool!
Lilah would just stare at the big girls in awe. She held her own and kept up pretty well.
I loved how when someone asked the girls "Oh, who do we have here?" Ellie would respond "I'm a budderfly and my friend Brynn is Little Bo Peep." Then Brynn would pipe up with "Lost her sheep!" because we all know that's a very critical part of her costume.
The girls did very well this year. There were no scary costumes that made them want to go back home and whenever they got nervous, they'd reassure each other by saying things like "It's ok to be a little bit afraid, right Brynn?" or "It's just pretend, right Lori-elle?"
And poor little sheep. She tried to keep up with the girls but her legs were simply shorter. And if you offered to help her carry her bag of candy (which did get pretty heavy), then watch out! That little lamb has an edge if you dare take her treats away!
You know how kids have a tendency to not hold things back? Well at one particular house, Ellie rang the "dingbell" and then told me she had to go potty. I told her that after this house, we could go back to Brynn's house to use her potty. Then when the door opened, instead of being greeted with the typical "Trick or treat," Brynn blurted out "My friend needs to go potty!" and Ellie spoke up and said "Can I please use your bafroom?" Oh, girls. Way to say it like it is.
Little Bo Peep and her little sheep loving the sugar.
Once we got back and started eating candy, Ellie took her wings and hat off and announced "I don't need dis anymore. I'm done being a budderfly. I'm ready to be a pirate now!!"

1 comment:

Angie said...

LOVE the story!!! Kids are sooooo cute!