Pages

Friday, April 08, 2011

Aww shucks, I love you too

I absolutely love LOVE LOVE how expressive Ellie has recently become with her feelings of love for Mommy and Daddy. Most of the time it's filled with warm feelings of cozy fuzzy good stuff, like this:

Ellie: Mommy, I have a secret to tell you.
Mommy: Ok, what?
Ellie: (whispering in Mommy's ear) I love you so much!

OR... when I watch her concentrate on her fingers for what seems like an eternity before she sets them up to sign "I love you."

OR... the occasional "Mommy, I love you so much it makes me happy." Sigh.

But sometimes it moves into a realm of warm feelings of mush that leaves you wondering how to respond:

Ellie: Mommy, I love you.
Mommy: You do? I love you too!
Ellie: I love you because of da rainbows and trains.
Mommy: Oh.

OR...

Ellie: Look Mommy! Anoder flower! Is dis the one that makes you sdink of me?
Mommy: Yep. (it was a daffodil)
Ellie: And see dis flower? It is purple? It's da one that makes you sdink of Addie, right?
Mommy: Sure. (it was a tulip)
Ellie: Oh, look! I found anoder flower and dis is da flower dat makes me sdink of you! Come look! It makes me sdink of you!
Mommy: Awww... thank you! (it was a dandilion)

OR...

Ellie: Mommy! I know how to be nice to you.
Mommy: You do? How?
Ellie: I love you so much! (and gives me a hug)
Mommy: Oh, yes, that is very nice. I LOVE that.
Ellie: Now can I watch a movie because I love you?

OR...

Teacher: Look, Ellie, your mommy is here.
Ellie: Mommy! Mommy!
Mommy: Hi! How was your day today?
Ellie: Good, but Mommy I have someping to tell you.
Mommy: Yeah?
Ellie: I love you so much I have to go potty!

WOW. That's a lot of love just waiting to burst out (both figuritively and literally, I suppose). I'm a lucky Mommy.

No comments: