Pages

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Props to my soul mate II

It has begun. For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, here is a reminder.

We actually have three or four daffodils now and they make me so happy! I figured it was a good time to do a Tid-Bits sort of post about my Niffer Boy....

I love how Michael encourages me to do or buy the things he knows make me so happy.

I love how cooks us dinner every night.

I love how he drives almost every time we go somewhere together just because he knows I don't like to.

I love that he always thinks of the perfect gift for me and then agonizes over it for months just hoping I don't think of the idea myself and ruin his suprise.

I love how he playfully engages the girls and teases them just enough that they hide bashfully.

I love that he thinks of ways for me to improve my gnomes, again encouraging me just because he knows it makes me so happy.

I love it when Michael randomly sends me a text saying "Niffer, Niffer" to let me know he was thinking of me.

I love how he can see both sides of the story, even if he doesn't agree with one. He is able to at least understand where the other person is coming from.

I love how he is able to talk me down if I'm upset about something. I know that if I'm still upset even after talking to him, THEN it is a big deal. Though this rarely happens.

I love that he knows to get me flowers that make me think of my daughters.

I love that he's one of my loyal blog readers.

I love that he encourages sentimental attachment to things that may not cost much - like rocks or little treasures from our treasure-hunt list.

I love that he just knows when I need a break even before I ask for it.

I love how well we travel together. No drama. No fuss. Just go-with-the-flow-but-see-as-much-as-you-can traveling.

I love that he buys me church windows because he knows I love them so much.

I love that he will still write me the occasional love letter in a card for my birthday or Mother's Day to let me know that I still mean a lot to him.

I love having lunch with him on occasion.

I love how good he is with kids. Take him to Bounce Town and it's not uncommon to see him sliding down the slide with a pile of kids sitting around him at the same time.

I love that I'm still so excited about the idea of growing old with my Michael.

The list goes on and on but my lunch break has ended. I love my Michael and I love my daffodils!

3 comments:

Hummingbitch said...

What a neat post. And such pretty Daffs! Daffodil is my baby girl's nickname.

Niffer said...

I saw that and I love the nickname! Daffodils remind me of my first pregnancy because of the belly pictures I took in front of a lot of daffodils at a park in MD.

spleeness said...

How could anyone read this list and not smile??