Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Ellie's First Husband

Ellie: Mommy, guess what!
Mommy: What?
Ellie: See my wing? Brynn gave it to me.
Mommy: Oh, it's very pretty and it fits your finger just right.
Ellie: Yeah and guess what! I have a secret to tell you.
Mommy: Ok...
Ellie: It was my ring for to marry me today. I goed to get married today.
Mommy: You got married today?
Ellie: Yep.
Mommy: Who did you marry?
Ellie: Brayden.
Mommy: Really? Did you wear a fancy dress?
Ellie: Yep. I was a pwincess and Brayden was my pwince and now we're married.
Mommy: Did you hug him?
Ellie: I hugged him AND kissed him!
Mommy: Oh my! What did you do after you got married?
Ellie: We went on our first date and watched a movie! We watched Tangled!


My mom tells stories about my sister in Kindergarten, chasing down the boys. She'd have her friends help her catch the boys and then she'd come along kissing them. When asked how she held the boys down, my sister said "I just sit on their heads." I'm guessing that Ellie did not actually kiss Brayden and I'm guessing that it would come as a complete shock to him if you informed him that he has a wife, but it occurred to me that the age is approaching.

At the very least, we might be witnessing Ellie's first crush. After all, last night when we watched Strawberry Shortcake videos on Youtube, Ellie informed me that Strawberry Shortcake's prince was Huckleberry Pie and that she was Strawberry Shortcake and that Brayden was Huck. That's two days this week she has mentioned his name. And from the looks of it, her style is just like her Mommy's. I was always a sucker for the nerdy smart kids with glasses.

3 comments:

Hummingbitch said...

Oh me too . . . love the nerdy smart ones! She's got great taste.

Cindy said...

Excuuuuuse me! Michael is NOT a nerdy smart kid with glasses. He's a really, really cool smart kid with glasses!

Unknown said...

I'm pretty sure I have some really cool socks that say "I <3 nerds". And Cindy it's ok that Micheal is a nerd... The smart girls know they're HOT. :)