Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

My new favorite blogs

Once a year I write a post that is completely random and has nothing to do with my children or husband. I know, it's a shock, but trust me... it happens occasionally. And since my stockpile of pre-written posts is awfully slim these days (hmm... read what you want between those lines) I figured today was a good day to tell you about my new favorite blogs.

But first, let's not forget about the old classics... see my lists to the side... Some don't write in their blogs nearly as often as I'd like them to, but I certainly enjoy their posts when they do have time to write. I have some funny friends!

As for the new blogs...

Me and My Ready-Made is my sister's new blog. I'm so excited that she has started one because she always has funny stories about her "ready-made" family or her experiences at work. She has a handful of posts but I love her style already. This is going to be fun!

To My Wife is a fantastic "blog" where a man has written quick one-sentence posts to his future wife. He is single now, which adds to the "awww" factor for me. Even though I have no idea who he is, I absolutely LOVE this blog. I can totally see it having special meaning to his wife, when the day comes.

Dear Daphne is absolutely touching. Daphne's parents are writing letters to her about lessons they want her to learn as she grows up. The concept is absolutely precious and I think I'm going to steal the idea for occasional posts on my blog... I just have to get past the feeling of my letters not being nearly as perfect as theirs. They're both witty and loving. Perfect, I tell you.

Inner Beauty Project was started when the fantastic Iman Woods (see the photos she took for us on the left) wrote herself a letter when she was suffering from post-partum depression. It has kind of turned into a "movement" of sorts where women write themselves a letter about exactly what they need to hear. Their letters have a way of bringing tears to my eyes.

Gniffer's Gnomes is filled with whimsical stories about little hand-made gnomes that take on personalities similar to real-life loved ones. Ok, ok... so I snuck my own blog into the list of new favorites, but I have to tell you... these gnomes make me so happy! They're just a tiny way to brighten someone's day, and believe me... I'm addicted... I LOVE the reactions I'm getting and the stories I'm creating.

2 comments:

sqpeggy said...

thanks niffer! i just started reading To My Wife. I love how short and sweet they are. Also so funny. I want to set him up with a friend....

Hummingbitch said...

Thanks for the shout-out! I'll be checking out To My Wife this evening. I love this idea.