Pages

Friday, April 01, 2011

Tid-Bits

I love how whenever Addie sees a pen, she wants me to draw pictures on her hand.

Izzy's Mommy told me about a recent conversation she had with her daughter:
Izzy's Mommy: There are two Saras - Sara M and just Sara. But how do you tell the two Brynns apart?
Izzy: That's easy. There is just Brynn and there is Lori-elle's Brynn.
Too cute. I knew Ellie and her best friend were close, but apparently I didn't fully appreciate just HOW close. It makes me chuckle.

I love Addie's bed time routine, and for more reasons than just that she's so easy to put down. We put on her PJs, read some books, and then the good stuff happens... I ask her to go give Ellie and Daddy a hug and a kiss goodnight. Addie promptly toddles into Ellie's room for hugs and kisses for all. LOVE it.

I love hearing about the grand sleepover at Aunt Erin's:
- Both Addie and Ellie had the only clean plate clubs. Excellent.
- Ellie and Audrey went to sleep late, but it certainly wasn't Ellie's doing. Apparently, a few times, Erin overheard her saying "Audrey, I'm tired now. I need to sleep. Go to sleep now."
- In the mornings Audrey and Clive are accustomed to entertaining themselves until 7:00, but they didn't want to leave Addie out... So all four kids (and stuffed animal friends) piled into the pack-and-play with Addie.

I love how Addie reaches up and holds one of my fingers to walk along beside me.

I love how Ellie STILL calls Addie "My baby." Still. To strangers, to friends, to family... she proudly announces it quite often.

I love how Ellie will hum a princess song throughout the day.

I love how Addie teases me whenever I go in to wake her up. She hides under the pillows and giggles and squirms just a little.

I love how relaxing it feels to wake Ellie up in the morning. I scratch her back for a few minutes and then ask her if she wants to wake up her sister or just rest a little longer. Most of the time she wants to be the one to get Addie up, but sometimes she chooses to stay. But one thing is for sure... "Mommy, dis scratching my back - it's my mostest favoritest thing." So I guess that part stays.

I think it's hilarious how Addie will come up to you, turn around as though to position herself to plop down on your lap, but instead she points to her butt to tell you she has a poopy diaper. Perhaps that's a sign of the end of diapers for us?

No comments: