Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Ellie's Art

I came across quite a few fantastic pieces of artwork recently when I was trying to clean up. I'm not sure how it happened, but some of the pieces were quite old, dating all the way back to October 2010 AD!!!

Alas... they're still worth sharing...

We have the artwork that includes a look into Ellie's world:
"I am thankful for my daddy, mommy and sister who love me."
"I am thankful for naps."
"I am thankful for running with my daddy."
"I am thankful for mac and cheese."

"I love Colorado because my mommy, daddy and baby live in Colorado."

When taking a class trip to the Flower Bin, each child took a photo of something pretty they saw. Ellie chose a tree. Smart girl.

"My cowgirl is named Lori-elle. She is going to use the rope to catch a doggy for her pet."

Oh the places you'll go... "The circus."

I love Ellie because:
She shares her books with me - Bridgett
I love her - Brynne
She plays with me - Lauren
She brings me snacks in the morning - Brynn
I want her to go to my birthday - Kendall
I love her because... umm I do - Claire

We have her very first name bug:


We have a variety of rainbows:


We have different styles of painting:
Ellie's Classical Painting.
Ellie's Wiggles Painting.

And for a while there, all of Ellie's artwork came home in the shape of a beautifully folded fan (even her adorable smiley guy):


We have some flowers for Mommy:


And of course, Mommy's favorite, stained glass windows:

3 comments:

sqpeggy said...

Wonderful! Thank you for sharing. My big question is... after you've preserved these memories-- are they sent off to the recycling bin? Our art piles are getting growing and growing.

Niffer said...

Actually I have a huge binder of my favorites tucked away in clear pocket pages. Most of them go into the trash, but my favorites go into the binder.

Niffer said...

Or a pile on top of the binder, as the case may be.