Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Happy Father's Day 2011

We had a fanastic Father's Day this year. We decided to go to the Renaissance Festival but we didn't want to spend that much time in a car on the same day (1.5 hours each way). So, we went camping! It was only for one night and probably in the most luxurious campground we've ever been in (showers AND a pool!) but the girls got to sleep in a tent. In the end, that's what mattered the most to them. On the way home, we stopped by the festival to see princesses, dragons, tigers and most importantly (according to Ellie) the guy who breathes fire out of his mouth!
The girls were both pretty much in a state of awe as soon as we walked into the festival. All the princesses and people dressed up in different costumes, Addie just pointed and stared. Personally, my favorite part was the princess crowns. You just can't get any cuter than this, can you?
Both Ellie and Addie wore their butterfly wings, but Ellie was sure to correct you if you ever called her a butterfly. "I'm not a budderfly! I'm a fairy princess." Get it straight. There's a difference.
There's a difference until you come upon a big field of grass, at which time Ellie took off flying and flapping her wings. She explained "when you see me fly past, you say 'that was the most beautiful budderfly I have ever seen.' Ok?" Perhaps the line between insect and fairytale creature is thinner than you think.
I loved to watch Daddy and his two princesses. They adore him and I enjoy every moment. It makes my heart sing. It's so apparent to me that he adores seeing them be so enthralled with the festivities around them. These two little princesses... Why haven't we found the "pause" button on life yet?
And of course we can't have a Father's Day without a handprint card. These little fishes turned out adorable, and the words say "Of all the daddies in the sea, you're the best one for me!" I couldn't have said it better myself. Oh wait, I did say that.
And this year's survey made us chuckle once again. Ellie responded to my questions...

Mommy: What is Daddy's favorite color?
Ellie: Blue, green, red, yellow, purple and orange.
Mommy: What is Daddy's favorite animal?
Ellie: Elephants!
Mommy: What is Daddy's favorite thing to do?
Ellie: Play with elephants!
Mommy: How old is Daddy?
Ellie: A grown up who is 15.
Mommy: What is Daddy's favorite food?
Ellie: Chicken nuggets and chocolate water mellon.
Mommy: What is Daddy's favorite book?
Ellie: Ariel book!
Mommy: What does Daddy do at work?
Ellie: He gets money for me.
Mommy: What makes Daddy happy?
Ellie: When he gets very very wet.

I love my Daddy because...
- He plays with me.
- He brings me dinner.
- He snuggles with me.

And finally, both girls signed their names on the card. Too cute.

Daddy... You can't possibly hear this often enough, but you're amazing. I often watch you with our daughters and think that I scored the jackpot. I could not have asked for a better partner to raise our children. I love seeing the adoration you have for the girls and how they return it 10-fold.

We all love you very much!

4 comments:

melissa said...

Such a sweet pair of little ladies you have! Of course I do think it's hilarious that you came almost all the way down here for Father's Day and of course my family ended up in Boulder for the day! Someday we might want to cross our paths so they meet! :)

Niffer said...

Ha! What a novel idea!

sqpeggy said...

Wonderful post! I love the card :)

Niffer said...

Thanks! I have done handprint cards of some sort for the last three years. I love them. They get laminated and then hung in Michael's office.