Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Tid Bits

I love that whenever Ellie sees an old church with a steeple or two, she asks if it's a real castle for a real princess. I wish.

I love how much Addie enjoys walking around with a blanket over her shoulders.

I chuckled when Daddy told me about a trip he took to the restroom with Ellie. She was in the stall doing her thing when Daddy told her "Ellie, there is someone waiting to go potty. Can you please hurry?" Ellie said "OK" but then proceeded to start singing a song (about a princess and a prince, I'm sure).

Deep thought for the day: Would wind still be wind if you put it in time out for keeping you awake at night?

I love how Addie seems to be getting more and more silly by the day. It's not uncommon to see her walking funny just to get a smile on somoene's face.

I wonder sometimes... Did I teach my daughters how to dance or did they teach me? Either way, it certainly leaves room for improvement.

I loved playing restaurant at the playground with Ellie. She would make me a cake and sing a birthday song. I'd blow out the stick candles and she'd go make me another. The best part? The big kids took note and started their own game of "grown-up" restaurant.

I love how much both of my girls enjoy the Gorillaz song "Feel Good, Inc."

I love playing tickle monster with Addie. I'll stick my hand up high and then move it towards her in a open-closed claw like motion and then tickle her. She giggles and then takes a turn. She sticks her hand up high, wiggles her fingers and then tickles herself. Not me. Too funny.

I love that Ellie seems to believe that if you're standing in front of a window, looking outside, the proper thing to do is sing to your prince.

I love that Addie has started singing songs to herself. I'll have to get it on video soon, but for the most part it's barely audible. She seems to prefer Twinkle Twinkle and knows the melody quite well. It's impressive for someone who doesn't speak very many words yet.

No comments: