Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tid-Bits

Ellie is good with rules. She tends to be the one who takes the time to make sure everyone is safe and playing by the rules, while her friends just jump right into having the fun.

On the other hand, she takes things so literally and gets upset if you "break the rules" even on something silly like the words to a song. When Daddy says "Moo cow, don't bother me," Ellie yells at him, "Stop saying dat! It's SHOO FLY don't boder me!"

Addie's favorite word might very well be "echo." After the family shouting "Echo" over and over again in a garage, she continues to say "Eck-toe!" throughout the day. And then the following day. And the following...

I love how if Ellie knows I just took a bath with bath salts of any sort, she'll rush up to me to feel my really soft skin, anxious to see the magic that the salts were able to perform.

Addie is a girl of few words. Sit her down in front of a bowl of icecream and she'll silently sit and eat it with content. However, every few minutes you can hear a quiet "Mmmmmm..." Too cute.

I love that Ellie always thinks of her friends and ways to do nice things for them. Recently, on PJ day, she asked "Can I bring anoder PJs case my friend forgets to bwing hers?" And without fail, there was a friend who needed them.

I love putting Addie to bed. I point to Mr. Bear's nose and say, "Night night, Mr. Bear." This is repeated for Blue Bear, Jelly Bean Bear, Pooh Bear, Snowball Bear, Bussie Bear, Boof Bear, Baby Bear, Bun Bun Bear and then finally tapping Addie's nose and saying "Night Night Addie Bear." She giggles every time.

We recently had our first swim lessons. Ellie finished her lesson with pride and told everyone about how she went under the water all by herself. Addie didn't do quite so well. When Daddy asked her, "Do you trust me still?" she confidently shook her head and held Bun Bun Bear just a little tighter.

I love how happy Addie is to help clean off the table. One item at a time, she'll bring the stuff over to Daddy in the kitchen. The longer she plays the game, the more squeals and skips and funny grunts come from her.

No comments: