Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Choosing a name for Baby

Choosing a name for a baby can be very difficult. Every new parent knows how hard this process can be.

Ellie: Mommy, dis is my baby and I'm trying to stink of what to call her.
Mommy: Oh? Picking a name for a baby can be hard to do.
Ellie: Yeah but I'm not sure what to call her.
Mommy: How about Kenna?
Ellie: No. I want a pretty name for her.
Mommy: A pretty name like Brielle?
Ellie: No. A really pretty name like for a princess.
Mommy: Aurora?
Ellie: No. Dat's a princess, not a baby.
Mommy: Elizabeth?
Ellie: No, dat's not pretty.
Mommy: Jessica?
Ellie: No. Dat's not pretty ee-der.
Mommy: Oh.
Ellie: Oh! I know! How about Sings-A-Lot?
Mommy: Singsalot is a pretty name.
Ellie: Yeah, I like that.
Mommy: Why did you pick Singsalot?
Ellie: So dat when she gets bigger and a real princess she can know how to sing.
Mommy: That makes sense and it is a very pretty name.
Ellie: No. I want a REE-AH long pretty name.
Mommy: Longer than Singsalot?
Ellie: Oh! I know! I will call her Singsalot-Dancealot-Prettyalot.
Mommy: Wow. I don't think you could get a prettier name than that.
Ellie: Yeah and den she will grow up to be a very polite princess and nice to everyone.
Mommy: Because she has a good name?
Ellie: Yeah.
Mommy: You chose well then.
Ellie: And now I need a nickname for her.
Mommy: Why?
Ellie: So dat we can snuggle?
Mommy: Like you're my "Ellie-Bunny?"
Ellie: Yeah.
Mommy: I think a good nickname for Singsalot-Dancealot-Prettyalot might be Sing-Songy.
Ellie: No. I like "Ellie."
Mommy: Like the nickname I have for you?
Ellie: Yeah, it's pretty. Can I call my baby Ellie?
Mommy: Sure.
Ellie: No. Dat's my name, but it's pretty.
Mommy: How about something that sounds similar? Like Nellie?
Ellie: YEAH!!!! My baby's name is Singsalot-Dancealot-Prettyalot and when I want to snuggle wif her, I will call her Nellie. Is that a good idea?
Mommy: Sounds perfect to me.
Ellie: Whew. Dat was hard.
Mommy: Yes it was, but you chose a wonderful name for your baby.
Ellie: Thank you.

No comments: