Pages

Friday, July 08, 2011

Corn on the Cob

Ellie was eating some corn on the cob and doing it completely wrong. You know the correct way to do it is like a typewriter. You bite across the row and then ding! You go back to the next row down. Everyone who has ever seen Saturday morning cartoons know that.

There's my problem I suppose. Ellie has never seen Saturday morning cartoons, let alone will ever really understand what a typewriter is.

So when I was sharing this deep thought with my husband, I said "Ellie will never know that the proper way to eat corn is like this... (bite bite bite) Ding! (move hand over to the next row down)" he was in agreement.

But then Addie put up her hands and went through the correct motions: bite bite bite "Ding!" and moved her hands back over. Perhaps there's hope for their generation after all.

No comments: