Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Bun Bun's Replacement

If I had written this post a week and a half ago, I would have said that it seemed as though suddenly Bun Bun had been replaced. One night she was still Ellie's most treasured posession, just like the last 4 years. The next night she was no big deal. Well that's not quite true. Ellie would still acknowledge that Bun Bun is special but she wanted to put her (all of them) into a special box to keep them safe forever. I even purchased a special box and went around gathering all the bunnies together.

In asking Ellie why she no longer liked Bun Bun the best, I found her answer to be quite interesting. "Because she doesn't really have legs in the real world." She had a point.

I bet you're curious about who Bun Bun's replacement was. Ellie has become quite attached to Lamby, the sheep we bought in Paris when I was pregnant with her. This is a tough one for Mommy and Daddy because that sheep means a lot to **US** yet Ellie would love to take it everywhere she goes, epecially for naps at school.

Alas, as thrilled as I am that she loves her special sheep and that she seems to just KNOW that the sheep has always been special for her, we haven't been able to get to the point of being ok with Lamby getting so dirty. Perhaps having 7 Bun Buns spoiled us? There's only one Lamby.

But that was a week and a half ago. Before she surprised me with wanting to take all her Bun Buns to Heritage Square for our special date. It seems that seeing all her bunnies in the same spot has rekindled her love for the little friend who has always been around.

I suppose the day is approaching when Bun Bun really will be replaced. I'll miss Bun Bun when the time comes. Sigh. I think this will be harder on me than my Ellie.

No comments: