Pages

Thursday, August 06, 2009

Inspiration from the French II

It was my trip to Paris during my last pregnancy that led to the final decision on a nursery theme. We decided to go with the Sweet Vanilla bedding and this little guy was the one who inspired that decision.

This time around, we toyed with the idea of re-using the bedding because we still love how calming the cream and beige colors were. However, we also want to make the nursery unique for this baby and couldn't quite figure out how to go about doing that.

In an attempt to simplify the decision, I decided to take advantage of the trip to Paris and search for a fuzzy guy for the new baby. Meet Bussie. Cute, isn't he?

So there you have it, we're going to re-use the old bedding but replace the sheep (grandma claims it will be easy) with bears!** We're also going to focus on the moons and stars and attempt to do a "sweet dreams" sort of theme.

I haven't figured out how it will all pull together yet, but I'm getting excited, which is good because baby comes in 10 weeks regardless of how much I try to hold her/him in!

** Similar to last time, please do not send bears. As it is, I'm sure I will have to control myself in order to avoid having an entire den full of growling bears. The only exception to this rule is Aunt Erin. Congrats, you have permission to buy a perfect, shaggy bear for the baby because you did so well at buying Ellie a fantastic shaggy sheep. Let me know if you want suggestions - I found some great bears!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YES! YOUR AWESOME! I have a new mission!