Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

There's big and then there's Niffer big!

Oh man, guys. I'm predicting more and more posts about the pregnancy.

I'm feakin' huge! With still 10 weeks left before baby is due, I've had multiple people ask me about my upcoming due-date, only thinking that it was within a week or two. Even my coworkers, in their geeky engineering ways, admitted that my dw/dt rate has increased significantly in the last week or so.

I've also gotten a lot of comments from people concerned for my health, asking if my pregnancy is still treating me ok. Apparently I look like $#!+ from being as tired as I am.

It's so different than my first pregnancy, where I was constantly getting comments like "You barely look pregnant" or "Wow! You're so small!" Nope, nothing like that this time around.

In fact, it's a little discouraging that even my pregnancy pants from my first no longer fit me. What's worse is that it's not even that they're a tight fit - it's that they DO NOT go up and over my thighs. It's starting to get difficult to handle because I'm not used to this. I have never been this big before.

When I was pregnant with Ellie, one of my friends was pregnant with her second. She commented all the time about how she was so tired of people asking her if she was carrying twins. I wonder if that's what my near-future holds for me. In case anyone asks, let's make it perfectly clear right now... NO I'M NOT CARRYING TWINS!!!

8 comments:

spleeness said...

haha. This is probably just a coincidence but when my sister was carrying all 3 boys, she was like that but her 1 girl, smaller. She used to be able to stand in a doorway and her belly would touch the other side. She's very thin too so people were also surprised. I wonder if you'll be having a boy? Either case, can't wait to find out. But we'll have to wait 10 weeks! lol

Niffer said...

I'm also carrying really low this time around (I think lower than last time, but I'm not sure). I'll be posting some great shots soon. Anyway, carrying low is supposed to be a boy (though last time I was carrying low - just not as low - and was told it was a boy then too).

Niffer said...

Wow! Having your belly touch the other side of the doorway.... WOW! If that happens to me, I am SOOOO taking a picture.

Iman Woods Creative said...

I wasn't here for your first but I don't think you look like you're carrying twins! I think you look like you're carrying low which may make people think you're close to your due date like the baby has already dropped. And you look fabulous, I should know!

Niffer said...

Thanks, Iman.

Heidi said...

I was already a fan of skirts, but the thigh thing made me an even bigger one.

People are stupid. Don't listen to people!

Thomas Family said...

Since I am carrying twins and am the size of a full term single baby pregnancy and I am only 29wks. I get a lot of looks when I tell people I still have ~2 months to go. I am learning people are just clueless and dont really know what to say to pregnant people.

Niffer said...

Michele - I'd love to see pictures!