Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Making friends

Sunday we went to the park, where we met a new little girl named Paige (Ellie's age). I silently watched as my little girl went through the steps of meeting a new friend.

First there was shyness. Each girl pretended to be shy and giggled at the other.

Then there were the demands for the Mommies to help out and play Ring Around the Rosie. If Mommy was there, the girls were comfortable playing and giggling with each other.

Next came down-time when the Mommies decided that they had enough spinning in circles. The girls took this time to show off their somersault abilities (I didn't know Ellie could do a somersault so well), still falling back on Mommy's support even if it was now just through words of praise.

Then it happened. Something clicked. It was magic.

The girls were friends. They grabbed each other's hands and spun in circles and then ran off into the grass field, hand-in-hand, taking turns falling and giggling and helping each other up.

It might very well have been the cutest thing I have ever seen. Paige's Mommy and I just stared in disbelief at how suddenly our little girls were truly interacting with each other. It took us a moment to recover ourselves, only to realize that our little girls were all the way across the field and could care less about where we were.

It's a good thing that they were actually running towards Ellie's Daddy (though Paige's Mommy didn't know this), and from what he said, it was even cuter to watch them running towards him.

I saw it happen right before my eyes. I swear. Oh man, my little girl is growing up. On our way home from the park, even Daddy commented on how much older she seemed to be. If growing up is a gradual process then I must be suffering from not paying much attention because at times, it certainly seems like Ellie changes in an instant.

1 comment:

Iman Woods Creative said...

She really is getting so big. I can't believe how much she's grown since we did our first photos.