Pages

Friday, August 28, 2009

Tid-Bits III

I love how Ellie says "Good job Mommy" and even claps and cheers for me if I successfully use the potty. She'll even announce it to anyone who is listening, "Daddy! Mommy go pee-pee! Good job, Mommy?" If nothing else, I know I have at least one accomplishment done for the day.

I love how Ellie will moan (just like Mommy) when she's happy and relaxed.

I love how she pretends to be a cat and meows whenever she wants to snuggle a little more.

I think it's funny how she seems to have to get completely naked in order to pee in the potty. Much like George on Seinfeld - I wonder if she'll grow out of it.

If she's sad or pretending to be sad, I can always get her to laugh by exaggerating my own sniffles of sadness. She'll join in and take a big sniff in and stick her nose into the sky and laugh. I can almost always cheer her up quickly with this strategy, but Daddy often gets in trouble with it if she's upset about Mommy not being there. Maybe the technique reminds her too much of Mommy for Daddy to safely use it?

"Balloon" has evolved from Ba-ba to Boon to Bleewn (I'm assuming Balloon is next in line).

If she gets something stuck on her head, she turns to you and asks "Do you like my hat?" When you respond with "No I do not," she'll say "Good bye!" with a huff and a puff.

These days, if she's going somewhere, Ellie is galloping there.

When we say "Welcome back, Ellie," she'll respond with "elcome back me!"

She almost always refers to any cat as "nother Rascal!" I don't know why she likes Rascal so much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these. And I think it's great you occasionally write them down, because in 15 years you'll be able to read them and see it all again like it was yesterday.

Jen

Niffer said...

I'm sure you're right... in 15 years from now, I'm going to cherish this blog. However, in the "now" I can already think of so many things that I have forgotten. I guess no one can remember it all, but I wish I could.